Friday, July 18, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Yes, I am either very late or extremely early. Why am I telling you about my New Year's Resolutions? Every year many of us resolve to accomplish something in the new year...and every year many of us give up before the month of January is over. A few years ago, I decided that I was going to break my trend of failing. I no longer resolve to: eat healthier, exercise more, get a better night's sleep, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. How boring is that anyway? Awhile ago, I started setting myself up for success. Now, as a resolution I decide to do something that will benefit a wider group. And do you know what? It's easier to keep your promise.
In the past several years, I have resolved to:
  1. Volunteer more (I currently volunteer for a local greyhound adoption group)
  2. Start writing again (Hello Blog!)
  3. Seek out products which do not test on animals and eat more vegetarian meals (Hats off to all vegans out there, this one is tough).

No comments: