Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wag More Bark Less: A way to be green #1


As of late, I have become obsessed with being a good citizen of the planet.  I was always mindful of waste, excess consumption, & recycling.  I grew up in a family that was environmentally ahead of its time.  We recycled beverage bottles, turned off lights when we left a room,  didn't run the water excessively or leave the car idling. We were not "hippies" by any means, but we did know that there was not an endless supply of water, & power had to come from "somewhere".

I've been trying to add on to the principles that my parents taught my sister & I...and it hasn't been easy.  Continuing something that I've been doing since childhood is not a challenge.  Starting new habits that are good, is another story, especially when you're trying to involve your pets. What was I thinking?   

Maybe I can capitalize off of other people's good habits.  Does that count?  I can call it good citizen by proxy...

I made a discovery in the grocery store a little while ago, a company called Cloud Star.

Cloud Star makes healthy dog treats called Buddy Biscuits.  They are actively involved in humane education programs & donate a minimum of 10% of their net profits.  Donations, support & assist non-profit organizations for animals, women, & children.  They have also made a commitment to the environment. Buddy Biscuit packaging is made with recycled materials & printed with soy based inks.   

The motto of Cloud Star is Wag More, Bark Less.  Translation to human: Smile Lots, Complain Less.  Sounds good to me. 


No comments: