Cookie, one of the wonderful hounds awaiting adoption at the GPA Kennel
Face it, whether they are written or not, we all have bucket lists. For most people, the lists revolve around travel, or mastery of a skill.
My list has gone to the dogs.
When I think about the things that I would like to accomplish most, 8/10 times, it has to do with a dog. I think that many "Greyhound People" are the same.
Here's what my To-Do List looks like...in no order of importance.
- Adopt a special needs, & senior dog
- Attend the Greyhound Health & Wellness Conference (on the calendar for 2013)
- Travel with my dogs (started this year)
- Do the circuit of Greyhound events: Dewey, GIG, Solvang, etc (going to Dewey in the Fall)
- Adopt a black Greyhound and dispel the myths associated with black dogs
- Start my own project to help Greyhounds (started in 2011 - Retired from Racing not from Life Art Book)
- Have an article published in CG Magazine
- Enrol in a pet-centric photography course so that I can take better pictures of my furry family
- Actively volunteer for a Greyhound adoption group (MGAP since 2004 & GPA since 2012)
- Voluntour (Kennel helper for GPA during our recent trips to Florida)
- Visit a Greyhound farm
- Take a tour of a race track
- Always be a grey't ambassador for Greyhounds