Monday, September 1, 2008

Greyhound Pet Registration

It's rainy here today, so I thought that I would take the opportunity to do something that I have been meaning to do since we adopted Sophie. Transfer her registration. It is a fairly simple process consisting of a form, some info, a signature, & a fee.


The form can be found at: http://www.ngagreyhounds.com/. There is a link to forms on the home page. The one that you need is called, Pet Transfer Form. The only info that you need is the dog's racing name, and left/right ear tattoos. Today I sent an email to the National Greyhound Association to see if they could help me locate the racing owners of my greyhounds. After I receive the contact info, I can then mail the application form for their signature. I think that I will include a brief letter about each of my dogs and maybe some pictures, along with a self addressed envelope. Once they return the signed form to me, I can then send it off to the NGA.


There is a fee of $30, however, $10 of that goes to an adoption group of my choice. In return, I receive a registration certificate, two generation pedigree, & identity bertillon.


I'll keep my fingers crossed that I hear back from the record owners.

No comments: