Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sophie & Sunflowers





Each morning on the way to work, Neal & I pass a huge field of sunflowers. And each morning I say, "I have to get some pictures of those sunflowers before they're gone". Tonight was beautiful, so, off Sophie and I went to Waterfront Park for a photo session.




While I snapped pictures, Sophie was content to sniff around, stopping once and awhile to take in the scenery. It's often difficult to take pictures while holding a dog on a leash. Many of my photos look like action shots, because there's a hound tugging at my arm while I'm trying to steady the camera.



Sunflowers are my favorite! They give me something to look forward to at the end of summer. As all of the other flowers start to wilt & fade, sunflowers give us a burst of color.



Too bad sunflowers can't make the days longer.




No comments: